Wednesday, April 13, 2016







SkinZen by Kim

Location Themed Soap Challenge

Texas Blue Bonnets



     For this challenge, I was inspired by my first spring living near Texas Hill country.  I had always heard about Texas Blue Bonnets and the spring wildflowers here, but could never have imagined their beauty until my eyes beheld it! Simply stunning landscapes here almost wherever you go.

     I attempted to use the pointilism soap technique in an effort to capture wisps of blue, yellow and white mixed among a landscape of spring green.  If you use an Impressionist interpretation, maybe you can see it?!

     Since blue bonnets don't really have much of a fragrance, I needed to choose an alternate floral scent, which made me nervous, given my history with rapid trace in almost every floral soap I have ever made.  But to my delight, I discovered Crafter's Choice True Lilac to work like a charm ~ plenty of time to work with all of those pesky squirt bottles.  


14 comments:

  1. I can definitely see the landscape you have created. Beautiful colours and a beautiful soap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely see the landscape you have created. Beautiful colours and a beautiful soap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I definitely see the impressionistic design. Very pretty, nice scent choice too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, I definitely see the impressionistic design. Very pretty, nice scent choice too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so beautiful, Kim! I love your bright colors! True Lilac is awesome, isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes impressionism. Beautiful soap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see it and it's beautiful. Great job. I need that lilac scent 💞

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work here, been meaning to try this technique and yours are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it! I tried the pointillism technique, too. I modified mine a bit, allowing the soap to blend more, not laying it on the top. I really like yours with the true pointillism method. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always wanted to see the Texas Blue Bonnets, someday I will, wonderful choice of color & technique. Gayle in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just in TX with the fam for spring break and was marveling at the Blue Bonnets - great idea for a soap and I love the "movement" created by the pointillist technique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great colors & movement, I can definitely "see it".

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colours in this! I can see all those flowers in bloom just through the feel of it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This turned out fabulous, Kim! I love the vibrant colors and the design technique you used. It really does look like a painting to me. Well done!

    ReplyDelete